by Tommy H. Thomason

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

F4U-1 Corsair Volume 2 by Dana Bell


You may have a dozen F4U Corsair books and monographs in your library, maybe even two dozen. It doesn't matter. If you have any interest in the F4U, you'll want to buy this book. I have lots of Corsair information: books, magazines, clippings, web articles, etc. I've read them all multiple times. I can assure you that a lot of configuration material in this monograph is in none of them.

The content is very similar to Volume 1 (see http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2014/12/aircraft-pictorial-7-f4u-1-corsair-vol-1.html). It covered the development history and configuration development of the "Birdcage" Corsairs in impressive detail with many previously unpublished photos and new information. This one does the same for the "Raised Canopy" F4U-1s that succeeded them in production.

Go here for a more detailed and illustrated review of this volume: http://www.hyperscale.com/2015/reviews/books/f4u1vol2bellbookreviewse_1.htm

I suggest that you buy these monographs directly from the publisher: http://www.classicwarships.com/index.html. That increases his profit, which encourages him to publish more books of this type, and should generate more income for Dana, which encourages him to keep on researching and writing more books of this type.

You will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. I feel that I should add that both of these volumes are page-turners. I got them in a batch of other books, and started my usual method of scanning all of them and then reading them later.

    Instead, I wound up reading both of these all the way, and then going back to the other books in the stack.

    ReplyDelete